Monday, November 12, 2007

Radiohead covers Smiths via BigPicture

Huh! I normally go to The Big Picture for witty economic commentary, not music, but it's becoming increasingly clear that Barry R. and I share some similar tastes.

From BP, Radiohead doing a pretty album-faithful cover of The Smiths "The Headmaster Ritual". I don't even want to start a Johnny-vs.-Johnny guitar conversation.

Basic summary: One of my favorite post-college bands covers one of my favorite "college/high school bands". Effin'-Ay right!

Update (2007-11-16): Ha! I just watched this vid again and apparently, Johnny has decided he ain't allowing any more frontal shots unless they're from the guitar-up and neck-down on a crappy webcam. As someone who tends to look crappy in photos, I applaud this move. As a band geek who wants to watch him play, I'm disappointed by the quick cut edits. Yay/boo!

No comments: