Sunday, April 30, 2006

Barbeque Grills - Made in USA

We are currently looking to purchase a barbeque grill. I'm someone who can appreciate a nicely-grilled burger, but I'm by no means a hardcore grill chef. As such, we're basically looking for something that's moderately nicer than the nearly-disposabe things you can buy in a grocery store, but we certainly aren't looking for "The Bestest Grill Eva!!!

Whenever I'm buying a somewhat big-ticket item, I try to determine if any of my choices are made in the U.S. Even though it may be a weak gesture right now, I'd prefer to pay a premium for something made in the U.S. and keep my dollars going to domestic manufacturers.

Unfortunately, given our stated critieria for the barbeque grill, our optimal selection might just be a low-cost import in the $100-200 range. Searching on Sears' website for "grill made in the usa," it seems like our selections are limited to Weber grills and one Kenmore grill that is more than we're really looking to spend.

Curses. What is the ethical, domestic-manufacturing-conscious US consumer to do?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Picture of Weber Genesis Silver Grill appropriated from Sears.com

No comments: