Saturday, December 29, 2007

Mystery Solved! - Korean Rudolph Traffic

Aha!

As my longtime reader knows, for about a year now, I've been getting pretty much daily traffic from Korean search engine naver.com. on searches for "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer". This was perplexing, but lacking any written Korean-language skills, and any real motivation, I failed to figure out why this might be. Judging by the exitramp posts I found on Naver, it looked like the rolled out a blog search in 2005, and just indexed every major blog platform around that time, and exitramp got indexed. (Original Rudolph post here)

"But why", I wondered, "Why were so many RoK-ans searching for "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?" Luckily, this cold, rainy December eve gave me the opportunity and the motivation to find the answer.

Turns out that there's a superstar cutie-pie pop sensation, BoA who did a cover of the classic holiday tune. I can't find the album on her wikipedia discography, but you can hear a sample here.



Well, mystery solved, BoA is now officially my favorite RoK musician.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: