Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Iraq - Didn't We Turn This Corner, Already?

Admittedly, for the last few weeks, with the situation in the Gulf Coast, I haven't been able to keep up with the situation in Iraq. However, I have to admit that I was a bit shocked when I read this article which states:
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - U.S. Marine jets Tuesday attacked two bridges across the Euphrates River near the Syrian border to prevent insurgents from moving foreign fighters and munitions toward Baghdad and other cities, the U.S. command said.
The fact that we need to blow up bridges to limit the insurgents' mobility does not exactly speak well for the amount of control we have over there. More succinctly, WHAT THE F#CK?!?!?!?

This was the kind of shit that would be understandable one or two years ago. Am I wrong in thinking that if we have to cripple transportation infrastructure to limit insurgent mobility, that it sounds like we have no meaningful control of the situation down there?

No comments: