Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Alito and Promises

Okay, I'm just going to build on what Holden said here.

So, just to recap, we know that Chimpy's boy, Sam "Harriet Jr." Alito has no problems breaking a promise. In 1990, during his confirmation hearings, he promised to recuse himself from any cases involving Vanguard, with whom he held hundreds of thousands of dollars in funds. However, once he was on the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, he ruled on a case involving Vanguard, and complained about attempts to get him to recuse himself. (source)

Yesterday, Sammy spoke with Sen. Dianne Feinstein on the subject a 1985 document in which he argued ''the Constitution does not protect a right to an abortion.'' Talking about that discussion later, Sen. Feinstein explained:
''He said first of all it was different then,'' she said. ''He said, 'I was an advocate seeking a job, it was a political job and that was 1985. I'm now a judge, I've been on the circuit court for 15 years and it's very different. I'm not an advocate, I don't give heed to my personal views, what I do is interpret the law.'''
Let's just sum this situation up, here...While attempting to get a new job, he's telling one of his interviewers that he has unrepentantly lied to get a previous job in the past. But he wouldn't do that now...oh, heavens no.

They don't even try to pretend anymore, do they?

No comments: