Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Badass Corporate Ladder Climbing

When it comes to giving money to charity, I prefer the United Way, since they seem to be devoted to promoting the general welfare, rather than (at least potentially) advancing a "My god is better than your god" agenda.

As such, I was checking out my local United Way website, and more specifically, its "News and Events" page. While reading that page, it was hard not to notice the bio on the 2002-2003 Campaign Chair:
[He] joined PNC Bank in 1984 as a corporate banking trainee in the credit department. In 1985, he was named commercial lending officer in East Stroudsburg corporate where he advanced to assistant vice president in 1986
DAY-um!, boy...trainee to assistant vice president in two years? That is some serious-ass advancement.

He's also on the board of a bunch of local Chambers of Commerce and every major local business development organization. I gotta talk to that guy...maybe he can put in a word for me somewhere...

No comments: