Monday, January 09, 2006

Camaro and Challenger

In the last week, Dodge and Chevy have rolled out concepts for a new Camaro and Challenger. Let me just say that as an oldschool musclecar gearhead, I think both of these cars are severely drool-worthy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lord knows, I thought the new Mustang was sweet, and this retro musclecar wave is a smart idea to rekindle some passion, even if it reeks of desperation. Personally, I haven't considered buying a domestic car in years. The Chevy Cobalt appeals to my current taste in cars, even if it comes up rather mediocre compared to the competition. The domestic automakers need to focus on building some serious world class sedans and coupes.

And hell...why is Subaru still the only car company that considers All-Wheel-Drive something worth putting on every car? How many other carbuyers besides me don't want to drive a goddamned truck, but want a car with competent performance that can get around in the snow? Surely there must be a few...

No comments: