Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Odd-Looking Headlines

CNN.com right now is brimming with headlines which look strange on the first reading.

Turkey says dead boy had bird flu - My word, why isn't that the top story? This unique fowl can not only speak but also appears to have some advanced medical knowledge. Thank goodness nobody ate this bird for Thanksgiving.

Sharon suffers 'significant' stroke - That's highly unfortunate, but I can't see why it's the top story. However, I wish her the best, and send my love to Ozzy, Jack and Kelly.

Transfer ordered of 'enemy combatant' to criminal court - What the hell kind of grammar are they teaching headline writers these days? I almost sprained my shoulder trying to parse the meaning of that sentence, so tortuous and convoluted is it being. At least they simplified it on the actual story page.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: