Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Like Father, Like Son

For those who didn't see this yet, MoDo via Atrios:
How could President Bush be cavorting around on a long vacation with American troops struggling with a spiraling crisis in Iraq?

Wasn't he worried that his vacation activities might send a frivolous signal at a time when he had put so many young Americans in harm's way?

"I'm determined that life goes on," Mr. Bush said stubbornly.

That wasn't the son, believe it or not. It was the father - 15 years ago.
Since dubya's current stated status is:"I think it's also important for me to go on with my life,...to keep a balanced life.", I have to wonder if that means he's no longer thinking about Iraq "every day, every single day." We wouldn't want him to develop an unhealthy obsession with that whole Iraq thing, now would we? It's good that he's able to buck up and move on.

No comments: