Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The End is Near! - A History of Armageddon

My father has been a freaky christian since I was a small child, if not earlier. I've been hearing him caution me in solemn tones that "we'll see the End Times in my lifetime" over and over, since I was young enough for the concept to scare the bejeezus out of me. Additionally, in high school and early college, I was friends with a number of pessimistic fundamentalist christians. Over time, the repitition of the paranoid predictions, as well as my inevitable apostasy, wore the weight of these predictions down to "advertisement-grade chicken little" in my mind.

But for those who were not raised in a paranoid fundamentalist household, or who never experienced such things first hand, I present to you: (via metafilter)

A History of End-of-the-World Predictions!

1 comment:

disgutedem said...

The world will end when I die. For me anyway.