Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Summer Solstice and Brake Jobs

Well, as has been discussed by many others, today is the Summer Solstice; the longest day of the year. And let me tell you...it sure as shit felt like the longest day.

I had originally planned to go up my parents' house and do my brakes (my parents have a garage, I do not.) on all four corners. One thing led to another, and I did my front brakes, which was the critical bit I needed to do, and a few troubling suspension components, and before I knew it, I'd clocked in 6 hours of car repair. After hours of struggling with nuts that refused to break free, interspersed with hacksawing through bolts stuck to said nuts, I was beat.

In the end, I didn't accomplish everything I'd hoped to, but I'd gotten the critical stuff done, and a few extra things along the way. As such, I'm going to head out and have a few celebratory drinks, now....huttah!

No comments: