Sunday, June 19, 2005

F-1 Clusterf*** at Indy

I missed the race today, but my brother told me about it.

Apparently, Michelin couldn't certify it's tires for safety on the Indy surface, so 14 drivers out of the qualified 20 pitted at the end of the green flag lap. Schumi won, his first for the season, by beating out five other drivers.

Not surprisingly, as MSNBC reports, it sounds like the fans were pissed:

"He was booed on the podium, the traditional champagne celebration was canceled, and the public address announcer implored the few remaining fans in attendance to stop throwing things." LOL!

My brother and I had kicked around the idea of going this year, and I suppose it goes without saying that we don't regret skipping it, now.

UPDATE: (june 20, 2:39pm) Let the blamefest and finger-pointing begin!

No comments: